Thursday, February 27, 2014

Chocolate Peppermint 321 Cake

So, do you remember when I mentioned these yummy limited time only snacks on this post?

Well I have just figured out a great off season substitute!!!  I'm so excited!  They are, of course, WAY more points than the Fiber One Brownies and WAY less fiber but they are great for the craving.


It's a simple 321 cake adjustment.
3 tbsp of chocolate cake mix in a mug
2 tbsp of water
1 tbsp of peppermint baking chips.

Ok, so peppermint baking chips are tough to find in the off season too but you could use chopped up Andes mints as well or some peppermint extract. (I just happened to find some on the clearance table at the grocery store) Mix the cake mix (only) with the water and then add the tbsp of baking chips and microwave for 1 minute.  Voila! It's really good.  Unfortunately it's 6 PointsPlus but that's ok, it's better then a 12 point mint chocolate cupcake.  LOL

I chose German Chocolate Cake because it's less sweet and rich as any other chocolate cakes. I'm not a huge fan of rich and sweet.  But I love a touch of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment