Sunday, February 10, 2013

Freezer Meals

My two BFF's and I got together on Saturday to make some freezer bag crock pot meals.  We made a Chicken Parmesan one, chicken chili, and cilantro lime chicken. I am so excited about these.  first of all they smelled amazing with all the spices and seasonings while we were making them.  Mmmmmm.  So easy and fast too.  The three of us made up these three meals in less than an hour.  The idea is to cook these up and portion them out in glad ware for the freezer so I have easy frozen dinners to pop in the microwave while I am recovering after my surgery and I don't have to worry about full blown cooking each night.

So today I decided to start by making the Chicken Parmesan meal.  Added the sauce to the crock pot,  then dumped the pre-made chicken mixture in it then topped it off with fat free shredded mozzarella cheese.  Yum!!   This made 6 servings when done.  Oh!  and it smelled AMAZING!!!!  I had to sneak a tiny bite when it was done and it tasted just as amazing.  Here are a couple of pics.  First picture is the crock pot ready to be turned on.  Then a picture of them portioned out with some frozen broccoli.  I thought I could just make a half cup of pasta when I'm ready to eat it. Hindsight tells me I should have done the pasta at the same time as the rest but dang it.  I never think of that stuff in time.  LOL





No comments:

Post a Comment